Thursday, February 2, 2012

Compassion

Today I created a companion piece to go with the painting I did on Tuesday.  It's called Compassion.

I had very different feelings today than when I painted Grief the other day.  I felt like I was stroking my face and offering myself comfort.  I was noticing my wrinkles and my greying hair and feeling love for all the years I've lived through and the wisdom I have accumulated.  I loved painting my hand, paying attention to the short fingernails, kept that way so I can paint more easily, and the skin which looks ever more like parchment.  I appreciate the feeling of peace in my face and am grateful for the emotions which led me to look this way.

It feels like a blessing to experience compassion after working through the grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment