Sunday, January 22, 2012

Translating emotion onto the canvas

I have just spent a good amount of time writing to try to explain the piece I've painted the last few days.  I erased it. I realize I don't know what to say about it.  It's a self-portrait.  It depicts some emotions I've experienced recently.  It's been a painful time in many ways for several reasons I choose not to go into here.  This painting is an attempt to flood myself with compassion for the experience and to love myself deeply through it.  I use art as a way to come to terms with my feelings, to process emotions, to get out my sadness and grief and anger, to express my joy and fascination with the world, to delight in the beauty of the world.  It is the way I experience and process my life.


I would like to know what you experience when you see this picture if you feel like sharing.  I don't know how it appears to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment