Monday, December 20, 2010

broken camera could equal a great deal for you!

Man, I am seriously bummed!
I was just photographing a new model.  We were starting to get into the groove when the memory card got full.  That happens.  No biggie.  I went to change it and I got the message that I had to format the card.  Weird, but OK.  I tried to format it.  No go.  I tried a different, third card.  No.  New battery.  No.  Nada.  Nothing.  Zippo.

Crap.  Meanwhile, my very nice model is standing there naked while I fiddle and fumble and try to make this work quickly so we can get going again.  Nothing. 

There was nothing else to do so she got dressed and left - she couldn't have been nicer about it all, but geesh!  I hated it!

After she left, I called Canon to see if they could help me figure out what the problem was.  Apparently one of the pins that is used to read the memory card got bent/broken and will need to be replaced at the cost of $200 or thereabouts.  Not what I wanted to hear!

So here's the deal - my misfortune can be your good fortune!  Go on my website and figure out which painting you'd like to buy and I'll sell it to you for 15% off.  You can pay using Paypal or a check, and I'll deliver it anywhere within 100 miles by Christmas, or I'll mail it tomorrow anywhere else.  I'll keep this offer open until 12/22 at midnight. 

Hopefully this'll be a wonderful way to turn lemons into lemonade.  Now I'd better go and get this thing in the mail so I can get it back quickly - I have models to photograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment