Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Opening!!!

The opening was perfect!  Thank you to all of you who were there and to the zillions of you who sent good wishes but couldn't make it.  Your energy made it a fantastic night and one I'll remember for years to come.

I've been in an amazing art workshop all weekend, Fri - today, 10-4, taught by Rob VanderZee, so I haven't had a second to blog about the opening, but I will first thing tomorrow.  There are so many stories to tell.  So many wonderful interactions with people who engaged with the work in visceral and powerful ways.  I'm really looking forward to sharing the Opening with you, but I have to be in class in about a half hour and need to eat some breakfast first.

Til tomorrow then! 

(If you were at the opening and have some thoughts or feelings or impressions to share, please send them on.  I'd love for this to be more than just my impressions!)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have never heard of you and don't even live in Richmond, but I happened to be in town this weekend for First Friday, and came into the studio. It was powerful-it really spoke to me and I love love LOVE your sacred flesh exhibit. Please keep up the good work--you are empowering women all over the world.
    -17 year old Abigail from Fauquier County

    ReplyDelete