Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Faux Fur Follies Day 4

Yesterday I finally took the plunge and added pattern to the picture of Lynn which I'm calling Faux Fur Follies.  It took me a long time to figure out which pattern to add, and I have to give Chris a lot of credit - he came out to the studio and talked me through it and watched as I photoshopped some possibilities in to see how it would look.  Here is our photoshop edition, a bit crude, but it gave me enough of an idea that I decided to go with it.  (on the right)
Last night I got some of the colors put on.  I was feeling pretty good about it.  The orange was the underpainting and felt too bright, so I was glad when I got rid of that today.  I chose colors that were less pink than in the photoshopped version. (on the left)






Today I finished the pattern wall then put shadows behind her knee, the coat, and her hand.  I also increased the amount of flooring to her right in order to make the room look larger.  Then, finally, I changed the color of the wall behind her.  I thought about adding another pattern behind her.  Here's that thought: 

There's a lot I like about it - I like the sense of space that the lines create and the fun of it.  Chris said he thinks it looks like a fun house.  I'm not opposed to that, given how happy she looks.  It makes the picture even more enigmatic - where is she and what is she doing there and why is she there and what the heck is happening??!!

In preparation for that step, I painted the wall behind her tan.  I took a moment to step back and look at it before painting the pattern (plus, I needed to wait for the paint to dry).  I decided I really like it with just the tan, so for now I'm going to leave it like this.  I worked on her hair somemore and may do some more on her coat, but otherwise, I might be finished.  Maybe.  Unless I get a wild hair someplace that makes me do something else to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment