Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On being sick and having to look good then too

Man, it seems like forever since I've posted, though I recognize that it hasn't been!  I am sick again, this time with a secondary infection, a sinus infection.  I went to the doctor this morning where I spent three hours waiting and being seen then got some antibiotics which will hopefully make me better (and will secondarily treat a tick bite I got over the weekend should it prove to be infected with Lyme's disease).  Then I went to BED.  4 hours sleep in the middle of the day is such a gift, yet a bit perplexing to wake up from.  I sure hope this gets gone SOON.  I don't like being sick.  Plus my students are gearing up for exams so that means extra stress and work all around.

I was just looking for some pitiful images of people who look sick so I could paste them here to help y'all feel sorry for me.  ; ) Check out the one of the woman in the pink hat.  I actually found it on a blog with the title, "How to look good with a cold".  The blogger gives tips for what sort of make up to wear to help you look better, saying you might feel better if you look better.  I'm all for feeling better, but I am frankly disgusted that there are even tips about how to look better when I'm sick.  Can't I just BE SICK and give my precious body time to recover???  I figure when I'm sick that my body needs time to rest and recover.  If I continue to push it as hard as I usually do, how kind is that?  I see this as more of the societal drive to have to look "good" all the time.  There's something screwed up about that!

1 comment: