Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Affirmations for the Coming Year

I just turned 50 a couple of weeks ago.  My husband asked me casually what my goals are for the coming year.  Equally casually I told him I intend to do the following:

~ Line up 3 shows in University Museums

~ Sell at least 5 major works

~ Have an article about me written and published in a national magazine.

And then there is the affirmation Chris and I are saying 3-6 times daily:

The goal is for Chris to make $100,000 in a job that brings him great joy and satisfaction and balance.  That job will enable Susan to do her art full time which will bring her great joy and satisfaction and balance as well.  In addition, this situation will enhance and strengthen Susan and Chris's marriage exponentially and bring them and their children great joy and satisfaction and balance!

To be put in place by June 2010.

The second I said the three birthday affirmations and as soon as Chris and I wrote down our affirmation, I knew they were important to hang on to and affirm.  So I'm putting them out here to share with you so you can envision my work hanging in university museums and selling like crazy.  And you can know you'll be reading about my work soon in a national publication!  And you'll see Chris in a great job that he loves earning plenty of money so I can easefully leave my tutoring job and begin focusing on art full time.

I am a strong believer in affirmations.  I know they work.  It's how I live my life.  I'm excited about these.  Sometimes all it takes is the creativity to envision something wonderful happening for it to be set into motion.  Most of you have probably heard the quote which is attributed to Goethe but which is actually from the book The Scottish Himalayan Expedition by William Hutchinson Murray (1951):

“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now.”

I'm giggly and excited to see what the Universe puts in motion to make these affirmations come true.  It's so much fun to remember to notice what happens step by fun step to make affirmations be realized.  I'll try to remember to mention the serendipities that occur each day as I become aware of them.  I know that the gift each model has given me by posing for me is a fabulous step towards reaching these goals.  I'm so grateful!

I want my message about women loving their bodies and themselves to be heard by everyone and for us all to love who we are unconditionally.  The planet will be a completely different place when that is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment