Thursday, October 29, 2009

Early Morning Session

Every Thursday morning I drag myself out of bed at 6 AM to meet a friend to go for an hour long walk.  It's excruciating getting up, and I often half-stumble through the first 10 minutes of walking, but by the end of the hour, I'm so glad I've been there and done that.  It sets the tone for my whole day and actually gives me more energy than I have on other days.  I wish I had the wherewithal to do it daily.


This morning when I got back from the walk, I had breakfast, talked to my son for a bit about his college essay, then went out to the studio for almost 2 hours to paint.  That's highly unusual for me for the morning!  I've begun doing a new piece I've been excited about for quite a while.  I had put in the background a couple of days ago, and today I began working on the chair.  Maybe I'll become a whole new person and begin to get up early and walk and paint every morning!  Yeah, right!

Well, it's time to go to work and tutor Math Analysis, Pre Cal Honors, Calculus, Algebra I, Spanish I, then Pre Cal Honors again.  A math-filled day!  Oh yeah, that's what I do on my other mornings or evenings  when I'm not tutoring - work my way through the Calculus book so I can tutor it effectively.  I'm loving re-learning the material.  Calculus is truly beautiful - such grace and finesse in the workings of it.  I really love it!  (And my calculus student is convinced I'm nuts!  Oh well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment